The mortar is a beautiful, heavy bottomed porcelain piece that is hand thrown by Amelia Black, and the pestle has a smooth concave curve, gently faceted exterior, and slightly tapered ends.
Sold as a set.
East Williamsburg, New York
Reclaimed, hand carved maple pestle finished with food safe oils.
White porcelain bowl.
Pestle: Approximately 6" long x 3" wide
Mortar: 8" diameter
- Bowl is dishwasher safe, but we recommend hand washing for longevity and to avoid accidental chipping.
- Regular wood maintenance:
- Applying an even coat of food-safe mineral oil by using a cloth or disposable towel about once a month, or as needed. Allow the oil to fully penetrate the wood's fibers overnight, then buff off any excess oil with a clean rag.
- If using only as a serving piece, wipe down with a dry or lightly damp cloth and immediately pat dry.
- Do not allow liquids of any kind to stand for long periods of time. This will soak into the wood, causing the wood to expand and soften.
- Never ever soak your kitchen tools or put into a dishwasher.